Supply chain management is a critical function in any organization, and it’s only become more important in recent years. As businesses have become more globalized, the supply chain has become more complex and challenging to manage.
A supply chain degree online can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to manage a successful supply chain. In this article, we’ll discuss what a supply chain degree online is, what you can expect to learn in a program, and how an online degree can benefit your career.
## What is a Supply Chain Degree Online?
A supply chain degree online is a degree program that teaches students about the principles and practices of supply chain management. Topics typically covered in a supply chain degree online program include:
* Supply chain planning
* Supply chain execution
* Supply chain risk management
* Supply chain sustainability
* Inventory management
* Customer service
## What Can You Expect to Learn in a Supply Chain Degree Online?
In a supply chain degree online program, you can expect to learn about the following topics:
* The principles of supply chain management
* The different functions of a supply chain
* How to manage a supply chain effectively
* How to use technology to improve supply chain efficiency
* How to mitigate supply chain risk
* How to make supply chains more sustainable
## How Can an Online Degree Benefit Your Career?
An online degree in supply chain management can benefit your career in a number of ways. First, it can give you the skills and knowledge you need to manage a successful supply chain. Second, it can help you network with other professionals in the field. Third, it can give you a competitive edge in the job market.
**What are the job prospects for supply chain professionals?**
The job prospects for supply chain professionals are excellent. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for supply chain managers is expected to grow by 14% from 2020 to 2030. This growth is being driven by the increasing complexity of supply chains and the need for more efficient and effective supply chain management.
**What are the different types of supply chain jobs?**
There are many different types of supply chain jobs, including:
* Supply chain manager
* Logistics manager
* Transportation manager
* Inventory manager
* Procurement manager
* Customer service representative
* Demand planner
* Supply chain analyst
**What is the salary for supply chain professionals?**
The salary for supply chain professionals varies depending on the position, industry, and level of experience. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for supply chain managers is $97,040.
A supply chain degree online can be a great way to advance your career in supply chain management. In this article, we’ve discussed what a supply chain degree online is, what you can expect to learn in a program, and how an online degree can benefit your career. If you’re interested in learning more about supply chain management, an online degree is a great option.
* [Supply Chain Management Association](https://www.scma.org/)
* [American Society for Supply Chain Professionals](https://www.ascp.org/)
* [Institute for Supply Management](https://www.ism.ws/)
* [Supply Chain University](https://www.supplychainuniversity.org/)
* [Online Supply Chain Degrees](https://www.onlineschools.org/degrees/supply-chain-management/)